Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
JOB GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND CONTEXT
The Digital Unit aims to transform the quality and impact of MSF’s digital engagement with its audiences. A key priority for the Digital Unit in 2022 is to increase the number of digital supporters (leads) in Spain and inspire them to support MSF’s medical humanitarian work through their online actions and donations. The Digital Officer – Lead Community Engagement and Fundraising is central to this goal, responsible for overseeing the digital leads programme, in collaboration with colleagues and partner agencies.
You will be a talented and ambitious digital officer who can identify where, when and how to use inbound, outbound and viral marketing to generate tens of thousands of highly qualified new leads each year. Key to success in this role will be your ability to plan and implement high-performing lead generation campaigns that can both inspire digital audiences to become leads and support MSF humanitarian messages and field operations.
You will use your creativity to develop powerful lead engagement and conversion journeys using marketing automation tools. Working alongside email, telemarketing, chat fundraising and technical experts, you will ensure journeys are set up for success: with persuasive copy and imagery delivered at the right time and channels to inspire leads to become donors or take action for MSF in other ways.
You will be curious, working to analyse the leads programme, identifying areas of improvement and developing testing plans to optimize performance. You will combine this with an organization flair: making projections, monitoring the budget, and tracking ROI.
The position is hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Head of Digital, with strong coordination with other areas such as Public Engagement, Loyalty, Acquisition and Campaigning. The Digital Unit sits between the Communications and Fundraising Departments.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Oversee MSF Spain’s digital leads programme
– Develop a strategy and oversee a programme to acquire leads, nurture them as supporters and convert them into regular and one-off donors.
– Oversee and coordinate with agencies and staff supporting lead engagement and fundraising campaigns (ex. TeleMKT, emailMKT, Public Engagement)
– Monitor and ensure data quality, security, and adherence to data legislation (GDPR).
– Ensure the technology needs of the lead fundraising programme are being met.
– Take part in lead fundraising platforms and/or working groups related to digital, at international level.
Create and commission impactful lead generation campaigns
– Identify and develop campaign ideas that reflect MSF’s medical-humanitarian mission and can attract and convert leads, in close liaison with colleagues across MSF.
– Seek synergies, supporting and advising other MSF units, in particular public engagement actions in Spain
– Plan and oversee the implementation of campaigns across the marketing mix, working with colleagues and agencies to generate value propositions that reach and engage target audiences through:
o Outbound marketing using advertising across social, search, display, native advertising, video, mobile, and other emerging advertising channels.
o Inbound marketing using targeted, user-focused content on the website, in chatbots and other channels.
o Referral and viral marketing, using existing contacts and leads to generate new leads, particularly in online activism campaigns.
o Lead purchase, in liaison with external providers selected for their lead quality and the Return on Investment.
– Define and monitor campaign objectives and results to ensure ROI and impact.
– Oversee internal communications to assure lead campaigns are understood and supported by staff across MSF Spain and are approved by Directors where relevant.
Develop lead engagement and conversion journeys
– Oversee content development and communication for the entire lead journey, including advertising, emails, landing pages, chatbots and all other marketing collateral.
– Develop, in coordination with other colleagues in Comms and Fundraising, copy and select imagery to inspire supporters and leads to greater commitment to MSF, always remaining true to the MSF style guide and its ethical principles.
– Develop, together with our agency new chatbots to acquire leads with conversational marketing.
– Lead the follow up of the ‘Facebook messenger donor acquisition’ pilot, while exploring new messaging-toconversion possibilities, to assess its potential in the midterm
– Define and oversee the implementation of end-to-end automated user journeys for lead fundraising, liaising with colleagues leading on email marketing, telemarketing, data, advertising and other areas to define channels, segmentation and personalization, content.
– Input into welcome journeys for new donors acquired through digital lead programs.
Monitor, evaluate and optimize lead fundraising
– Develop and monitor the budget, income and donor acquisition projections for the digital lead fundraising programme, ensuring good ROI of the whole user journey from acquisition to conversion.
– Elaborate regular analysis and reports, developing dashboards as necessary, to ensure consistent tracking of lead volume and quality and the impact of the different campaigns.
– Oversee testing plans against different marketing channels and content to identify those that generate more and better qualified leads and/or inspire leads to deeper collaboration.
– Work with the colleagues and agencies to monitor and improve conversion rates.
• Substantial experience of developing digital marketing strategies and campaigns in large organisations (charity sector preferred) to acquire online leads and donors.
• Experience of developing inbound marketing strategies to acquire leads.
• Experience of using paid digital marketing media channels, including AdWords, Facebook Ads, DoubleClick, Twitter Ads and others.
• Proven experience working with audience targeting tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder and HubSpot or equivalent.
• Experience and knowledge of customer segmentation and targeting strategies.
• Experience performing in-depth analysis of channel conversion and ROI and making recommendations and implementing strategies for improvement.
• Good experience of working with agencies to produce digital marketing campaigns.
• Sound knowledge and experience of responding to customer / client / supporter queries.
• An understanding of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Experience in training other staff.
• Good command of Spanish and English. Other languages a plus
• Knowledge of current and developing digital fundraising strategies
• Previous experience in the humanitarian sector an advantage
• Able to get stuck into the detail, but also offer strategic, long-term thinking.
• Able to keep up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital strategies.
• Excellent editing, writing and storytelling skills.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Strong decision-making skills
• Learner with a keen interest in technical development
• Commitment to MSF’s Principles
• Cross-cultural Awareness
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Stress Management
• Analytical Thinking
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Service Orientation
• Planning and Organising
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Initiative and Innovation
• Position based in Spain
• Full time job
• Open-ended contract with a minimum three-year commitment with the position
• Annual gross salary: HQ-3A (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits according to MSF OCBA policies.
• Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, please follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=5328&company=medicossin
• Closing date: November 28th, 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.